SIOR Global is seeking its 2021-2022 Vice President. If you're interested in shaping SIOR Global's future as the premier designation within the CRE broker world, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that this position is a 4-year commitment.
Vice President Duties:
- Serves for a term of one (1) year before succeeding to the offices of President-Elect, then President, then Immediate Past President, each for a term of one (1) year
- Serves on the Governance Committee.
- Serves as a Manager for regular communication with and among Regional Directors regarding current issues and chapter and regional activities.
- Undertakes special assignments as delegated by the President and/or President-Elect.
- Performs the duties of the President-Elect, in the event of his/her absence or disability.
- Acts as the representative of the President-Elect in such matters as may be assigned by the President-Elect or the President.
- Cooperates with and assists the President and President-Elect in discharge of the duties of those offices.
- Serves as a non-voting member of the Chapter Leadership Council.
- The Board is interested in the best possible candidate for this position, while at the same time acknowledging that a YP (Young Professional 45 years or younger) and/or a female candidate would bring needed diversity to the Board.
- Current or previous experience managing/leading a large regional, national, or global business entity preferred.
- Hold a 10-15-year SIOR service record of meaningful contributions.
- Must have thorough understanding of the SIOR governance structure (committees, member groups, chapters, and the board) and how the various entities work together on behalf of the association.
- SIOR Board member experience strongly recommended, but not required.
- Service as a Regional Director, chapter officer, committee chair, member group chair or task force chair a plus.
- Must support SIOR’s strategic plan and be able to articulate how he/she can work, within the framework of the plan, to positively impact and advance SIOR.
- Successful candidate will have a Global focus and be committed to growing SIOR’s ranks abroad.
- Have an appreciation for the chapter/global relationship and a willingness to work with/support chapters in executing the organization’s strategic objectives.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Proven delegator and motivator with a big picture perspective and the ability/desire to empower and inspire others to execute and achieve on behalf of SIOR.
- Impactful communicator and public speaker who can address a wide range of industry issues, to various audiences, while staying on message and promoting SIOR to the CRE community.
- Thoughtful manager who refrains from knee-jerk decisions and considers data and all viewpoints before facilitating organizational directives.
- Strategic thinker who sees synergies and/or areas for advancement, that are in-line with organizational strategy, and demonstrates a willingness to explore opportunities.
- Tireless traveler who is prepared to travel extensively on behalf of SIOR and be the voice and face of the organization.