SIOR Global is seeking to fill two Member-At-Large positions on the Board.
In light of the COVID-19 situation, SIOR Global will apprise candidates as to when interviews will take place.
- Serves as a member of the 15-person SIOR Board of Directors.
- Participates, per presidential appointment, in either the Performance Oversight & Monitoring (POM) or Planning and Program Development (PPD) Committee.
- Participates in all Board and Board Committee activities, meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Willingness to travel to conferences and other Board and/or Board Committee activities as needed.
- Examines, discusses, and votes on motions that require Board approval.
- Represents SIOR to chapters and the CRE community.
- Willingness to recruit new members on behalf of SIOR.
- Serves for a term of two (2) years and may be re-elected to one additional two (2) year term.
- The Board is interested in the best possible candidate for this position, while at the same time acknowledging that YP (Young Professional 45 years or younger) and/or female or other minority candidates would bring needed and highly valued diversity to the Board.
- Previous Board experience with another organization a plus.
- Experience chairing an SIOR committee, task force, or member group highly desired but not required.
- At least five (5) years of SIOR service resulting in meaningful contributions.
- Must be able to articulate SIOR’s vision and strategy and publicly support the plan.
- Have a global focus and be committed to growing SIOR’s ranks abroad.
- Focus on making SIOR financially stable while providing necessary resources to produce services and value to the membership.
- A keen interest in the future of CRE brokerage and a willingness to discuss/address the impact to SIOR.
- Ability to look at issues from different perspectives and a willingness to share thoughts, ideas, and opinions with fellow Board members.
- Willingness to ask and address tough questions regarding SIOR’s future.
- Possesses the wherewithal to set aside personal, company, or chapter issues or biases and make decisions based solely on what is in the best interest of the SIOR organization.
- Impactful communicator and consensus builder with a willingness to find common ground.
Strong Candidates will demonstrate at least one of the following skills:
- Strategic planning experience, either with SIOR or other company/organization
- Understanding of policy planning, including development of an Annual Operating Plan
- Marketing and Public Relations experience
- Degree in Business Administration or Accounting (or business experience in those areas)
- Demonstrated financial acumen, including ability to read and comprehend financial statements.
- Budget development/management experience.
- Ongoing knowledge of investment vehicles