MySIOR Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our helpdesk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Please only post comments directly related to commercial and industrial real estate or the discussion topic of each SIOR community. No personal or promotional content should be distributed on this platform.
- All content not produced by SIOR must be credited to its original author. This includes attributing repostings with hyperlinks and ‘signing’ any posting you make.
- Do not impersonate any individual or entity or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Transmission of any form of virus or debilitating code as well as the collection of personal information of any third party without their direct consent is strictly prohibited.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post personal, promotional, or commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, obscene, sexually explicit or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- When using the SIOR logo, messages must incorporate the current SIOR logo and any previous versions will be rejected.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® (SIOR). SIOR is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by SIOR or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall SIOR be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants SIOR and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either publicizes commissions or expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, commissions/fees, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
SIOR does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of SIOR we will take all appropriate action.
SIOR reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the internet. As part of the registration process to access the Members Only area of the site, you are responsible for selecting your username and password and ensuring the security of them. You must agree to provide SIOR with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of your access to this site.
You agree that you will not violate any federal, state, local, or international laws including but not limited to privacy, security, confidentiality, copyright and intellectual property right laws regarding any content that you send or receive via any SIOR site.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless SIOR and its staff, officers, directors, and contractors against legal proceedings and the costs thereof which they may become subject to as a result of your postings or connections with the SIOR site.
Disclaimer: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, services, businesses, trademark, or manufacturers does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors®. The views and opinions of authors are their own and do not reflect or represent those of SIOR or SIOR staff. With respect to documents available from this server, SIOR does not make any warranty or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. All content on the site is meant for educational and informational use only. The information should not be construed as a recommendation by SIOR for any course of action regarding financial, legal, or accounting matters. It is not meant as a substitute for professional advice from a qualified legal, accounting, or financial professional.
I hereby expressly acknowledge that I understand and will comply with the terms stated above.